- Discover lively Ushuaia - Southernmost city in the world
- Trekking to the Glaciers Martial or Vinciguerra
- Take a trip on the Beagle-Channel passing by Martillo Island and learn more about see lions, dolphins and Magellan penguins
- Emerald green Laguna Esmeralda and Ojo del Albino Trekking Tour
- Diversified day hike in Tierra del Fuego National Park
- Relish the local cuisine: Argentinian steak, freshly caught king crab & Malbec red wine
5 days from/to Ushuaia
- 3 days hiking
- Boat ride
- 4 nights hotel
- 4x breakfast
- 3x box lunch
from 1.390 USD
Be a part of this five-day, guided tour to discover the stunning Argentinian resort town of Ushuaia, which is also the southernmost city in the world. Trek to Glacier Martial or Glacier Vinciguerra and enjoy an awe-inspiring surrounding landscapes. Walk through the forests of Tierra del Fuego National Park and meet the penguins and sea lions passing by Martillo Island.
You will also get the chance to see a glacier lake, Laguna Esmeralda, during this trip. Named after its emerald green waters, the beauty of this lake is perfectly complemented by the surrounding peat bogs.
- The group size for this trip has a minimum of 1 people
- Departures: daily excursions in international mixed groups
- Best season: from October to April
Suitable for people who are reasonably fit and hike at least once a month. Participants should be able to walk with their daypack (15 lbs) 4-8 hours a day with some strenuous ascents and descents.
Day 1: Arrival in Ushuaia
Upon arrival at the airport or port of Ushuaia we pick you up and bring you directly to your hotel, where you have some time to refresh and relax. Later on you have time to explore Ushuaia on your own. Overnight: Hotel in Ushuaia in double room with private bathroom (Hosteria America or similar). (-/-/-)
Day 2: Trekking Glacier Martial - Boat ride on the Beagle-Channel - Fauna Marina
In the morning you will visit the Martial Glacier: We pick you up from the hotel to start driving to the base of the Ski center Glaciar Martial. We start walking in the woods of “lengas”, the local trees, up to the vegetation front line. We will walk through an amazing mountain landscape. We will continue to ascent towards a natural balcony where we will have the panoramic view of the Beagle Channel and the city.
In the afternoon, you take a boat ride on the Beagle Channel to the Faro (lighthouse) Les Eclereurs. On this impressive excursion, you will be able to observe a variety of waterfowl as well as sea lions and dolphins, and passing by the penguin colony on the island of Isla Martillo. Overnight: Hotel in Ushuaia. (B/BL/-)
Day 3: Tierra del Fuego National Park or Trekking Glaciar Vinciguerra
Today, you take a full-day excursion to the Tierra del Fuego National Park. After a short transfer, you will hike through typical firelands forests (about 3 hours) and then drive in the bay Lapataia with a Zodiac boat to the island of Redonda (about 1.5 hours). You will also get to see beaver dams and the native flora and fauna.
Alternatively Full Day Trekking Glaciar Vinciguerra:
After a short transfer, the trekking starts at Andorra valley with the ascent to Laguna de los Témpanos (Icebergs Lagoon). On your way to the glacier you will visit an operational peat exploitation area and then you will enjoy the forest following old woodcutters’ trails. Break and lunch by the lagoon.
Return to your hotel.
Overnight: Hotel in Ushuaia. (B/BL/-)
Day 4: Laguna Esmeralda and Ojo del Albino Trekking Tour
After the breakfast you start onto the next adventure. We take the National Route Nº3 and drive northeast, towards Tierra Mayor Valley. Our walk begins along the forest, crossing rivers and peatbogs and, after a 4.5 km trek (2.8 miles), we get to the Laguna Esmeralda (Emerald Lagoon, 450 m a.s.l.); a point to behold the beauty and majestic of nature. The lagoon is located at the Tierra Mayor Valley, at the base of the Ojo de Albino Glacier, between Mount Bonete and the Toribio Range. Its waters are emerald green, in marked contrast with the reddish hues of its surrounding peatbogs. Peatbogs are wetlands, so for a pleasant walk we can provide you with rubber boots, if necessary (upon prior request).
After a break we resume the journey towards the Ojo del Albino Glacier (min. 4 people).
After 6 or 8 hours you will come back to your hotel.
If the excursion to Ojo de Albino glacier does not take place: evening off-road 4x4 tour to Escondido and Fagnano lakes with outdoor dinner.
Overnight: Hotel in Ushuaia. (B/BL/-)
Day 5: Drop Off Ushuaia
After breakfast a private transfer will take you to the Ushuaia airport (without a guide). (B/-/-)
- Accommodation: 4 nights in a hotel in double room with private bathroom (Hosteria America or similar)
- Meals: 4 x breakfast, 3 x box lunch
- Local bilingual english/spanish speaking guide
- All transfers and excursions in international mixed groups as per the detailed itinerary
- Transfer to and from Ushuaia Airport
- Boat ride on the Beagle-Channel
- Single supplement: p.p. 300.- USD
- Entry Fee to Tierra del Fuego NP (p.p. 24.- USD)
- Meals and beverages not indicated on the itinerary
- Optional trips
- Tips/gratuity, local payments
- International and domestic airfare and airport charges
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy.