- Hike one of the most famous treks in Patagonia, the 7 day "Paine O-Trek" in Torres del Paine National Park and immerse yourself in a world of granite and ice
- Torres del Paine granite towers, French valley and Grey Glacier
- Take a boat ride along the Grey Glacier
- Observe local gauchos (cowboys) riding through the wind branded Patagonian Pampa
- Fly over the Darwin mountain range, the legendary Strait of Magellan and Beagle-Channel
- Hike in 4 days the southernmost trek at the edge of the world, the 4 day wilderness trek Dientes de Navarino Trek
- Look out for Guanacos, Condores, Ñandus and Beavers
Take a boat trip from Punta Arenas to walk with Magellan penguins on Magdalena Island
17 days from Pto.Natales/to
- 11 days trekking
- Kayak tour or Ice hike
- 9 nights tent
- 7 nights guesthouse
- 16x breakfast
- 10x box lunch
- 11x dinner
from 4.890 USD
Terra Australis Incognito - was called this mystic landscape on the edge of the world by the first visitors and colonies. Today it still exudes the same mythic and mysterious atmosphere of these times - just one reason why this secluded and remote landscape is so incredibly attractive to the real adventurers and outdoor lovers.
Our fantastic trekking adventure takes you to two of the most unique places on this planet that amaze even experienced trekkers and mountaineers. First, you are hiking in 7 days the Paine O-Trek, circumnavigating the Torres del Paine Mountain range until reach the vast Southern Patagonian Ice field. After this awesome trekking experience, you will spend 4 unforgettable days on the Dientes de Navarino Circuit in the wild interior of Isla Navarino on the mythic Tierra del Fuego. During your trekking days, you will camp next to sub-Antarctic rainforests, beaver dams, snow-capped mountains, and emerald, green lagoons.
This is an outstanding trekking adventure trip for all trekkers who are looking for a unique and authentic trekking experience!
- The group size for this trip has a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 8.
- The offered departure dates include the possibility of booking other people. Individual and/or private tours/departure dates are available on request.
- Best season: from November to March.
Excellent physical fitness and team spirit are necessary requirements for this tour. Moreover, you should be able to walk long distances (4 to 9 hours a day) on muddy, rocky and sometimes snowy trails carrying your own backpack of 50-60l (10-13kg).
PORTERS ARE INCLUDED IN THE TRIP PRICE. NO EXTRA COSTS FOR PORTERS!
- During the 7 trekking days in Torres del Paine National Park you need to carry just your own day-backpack (approx. 8-10 kg / 17-22 lbs). We would recommend at least 45 litre daypack. Your day-backpack should include: Rain coat, rain trousers, fleece or light down jacket, trekking poles, gloves, cap, camera, lunch and water for the day (and also gear for good weather conditions!).
- The rest of the luggage, which you need for the trekking days, will be carried by porters in waterproof kitbags. We provide a 30-liter waterproof kitbag for each of you ("SealLine Dry Bag"). Each participant will be able to put the following items in their kitbag: your personal items such as your sleeping bag and camping mat (approx. 2,5kg / 5.5lbs for the sleeping bag/mat and 2,5kg / 5.5lbs for personal belongings like vanity bag, toiletries, extra-set of clothes). The bag's weight should not exceed 5 kg / 11lbs. The luggage that is not required during the trekking tour will be stored locked in the guesthouse in Puerto Natales.
- In every campsite in Torres del Paine NP you will find toilets, showers and a Refugio.
- During the 4 days Trek on Navarino Island you need to carry your personal items, camping mat and sleeping bag as well as some meals and box lunch for the trek (backpack of 50 - 60 liter; 10-13 kg / 22–29 lbs). The luggage that is not required during the trekking tour will be stored locked in the guesthouse in Punta Arenas and Puerto Williams.
- Porters carry the expedition tents, all cooking facilities and set up camp on all Dientes de Navarino trekking days.
- Special comfort like dinning-/cooking-tent, showers and toilets should not be expected on Isla Navarino Trek.
Day 1-4: Arrival in Puerto Natales - Treks Torres del Paine O Circuit
Upon arrival at the Puerto Natales airport or bus station a private transfer will take you to the hotel (without a guide). In the afternoon you will have time to explore this little town on your own. In good weather, the first impressive panorama of the Paine Massif and Monte Balmaceda can be seen from here. In the evening you meet your trekking-guide for a short briefing about the next days. Overnight: Hotel in Puerto Natales in double room with private bathroom (Hotel Hallef or Hotel Lady Florence Dixie or similar). (-/-/-)
In the morning you take a private transfer to the Torres del Paine National Park and enjoy spotting the local wildlife of this fantastic region, like Guanacos and Ñandus. In the afternoon your first hike leads you to Campamento Seron. Depending on the weather and season you will spot various birds and plants like the Palomita (a white orchid). Appr. walking time: 4-5 hours, walking distance: 12 km (7,5 miles), elevation gain of approx. 350 m (1,150 ft) ascent and descent. You spend the night in our tents with unobstructed views of the starry sky on campsite Seron. (B/-/D)
Today you hike along Lago Paine and Rio Paine to the wonderful Refugio and Campamento Dickson. Near the camp you will get a picturesque view on the enclosing Dickson Glacier. There will be enough time to enjoy this inviting campsite while sitting together and sharing your overwhelming impressions. Appr. walking time: 6-7 hours, walking distance: 18,5 km (11,5 miles), elevation gain of approx. 350 m (1,150 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Dickson. (B/BL/D)
You leave the camp on Lago Dickson and walk through a mystic Magellan forest of Southern beech trees to reach your next camp. Campamento Los Perros is fabulously situated at the edge of a forest and glacier of the same name. Appr. walking time: 4-5 hours, walking distance: 9,5 km (5,9 miles), elevation gain of approx. 400 m (1,300 ft) ascent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Los Perros. (B/BL/D)
Day 5-8: Treks Torres del Paine O Circuit - Kayak or ice hike - Torres del Paine Granite Needles
Today you probably face the most exhausting but most impressive part of the tour. You leave the camp Los Perros and hike uphill to the Paso John Garner where you can admire a striking view over the Southern Patagonian Ice field. Altitude Paso John Garner: 1250m. Afterwards you scale down along the impressive Grey Glacier to your next camp, Campamento Grey. Appr. walking time: 8-10 hours, walking distance: 22 km (13,7 miles), elevation gain of approx. 800 m (2,600 ft) ascent and 1,300 m (4,300 ft) descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Grey. (B/BL/D)
In the morning you can choose an optional 3 hours day kayak excursion on the Lago Grey along the icebergs of the Grey Glacier or an optional 4-5 hours ice hike on Glacier Grey (extra costs 150/210 USD per person; reservation recommended in advance) - or enjoy some free time to relax. In the afternoon you hike along Lago Grey to the black lagoon (Laguna Negra) while exploring and learning about the surrounding nature. From there, you walk down to the camp Paine Grande that is beautifully located at the turquoise colored Lago Pehoe. Altitude Grey Glacier Lookout: 280m. Appr. walking time: 4-5 hours, walking distance: 12 km (7,5 miles), elevation gain of approx. 350 m (1,150 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Paine Grande. (B/BL/D)
Today’s hike takes you along the splendorous Lago Skottsberg to campamento Italiano. With a bit of luck you may witness ice cracking off the Paine Grande (3,050 m / 10,000 ft) sounding like a roaring thunder. Afterwards, you walk next to Lago Nordenskjöld to the Refugio Cuernos where you take a break. In the afternoon you leave this fantastic place to reach camp Central, where you spend the night. Passing Monte Almirante Nieto (2,640 m / 8,660 ft), you can probably watch condors circling in the sky. Appr. walking time: 8 hours, walking distance: 24 km (14,9 miles), elevation gain of approx. 600 m (1,950 ft) ascent and descent. Alternative option: Boat ride and shuttle from camp Paine Grande to camp Central (additional costs p.p. $40 USD). Overnight: in tents on camping Central. (B/BL/D)
Today, you will hike to get an excellent view on the no. 1 highlight: The famous Torres Towers. At first it leads you up to the Ascencio-valley where you take a break at the Refugio Chileno next to the lovely Ascencio River. After 2+ hours and a tough ascent you are rewarded for your efforts: You will stand in front of the impressive needles with a green lagoon lying at your feet. Altitude Las Torres Lookout: 900m. After this challenging hike you take our private bus back to Puerto Natales.
Appr. walking time: 8 hours, walking distance: 19 km (11,8 miles), elevation gain of approx. 950 m (3,100 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: Hotel in Puerto Natales in double room with private bathroom (Hotel Hallef or Hotel Lady Florence Dixie or similar). (B/BL/-)
Day 9-11: Puerto Natales – Punta Arenas - Magellan Penguins - Puerto Williams
Today you will have time to explore the tiny fishing village of Puerto Natales on your own. Also you can choose an optional excursion. A boat trip over the Ultima Esperanza Fjord to the gorgeous hanging Glaciers Balmaceda and Serrano or a horseback riding excursion through the vast patagonian pampa.
In the evening you take a regular bus to Punta Arenas (without a guide).
Overnight: Hotel in Punta Arenas in double room with private bathroom. (B/-/-)
In the morning you can choose an optional boat trip from Punta Arenas to walk with Magellan penguins on Magdalena Island (extra costs 130 USD per person; reservation recommended in advance).
In the afternoon you have time to explore the city on your own. In the evening you have a briefing with our trekking guide for your tour on Navarino Island.
Overnight: Hotel in Punta Arenas in double room with private bathroom. (B/-/-)
In the morning you fly to Puerto Williams where you start your exciting adventure tour. Puerto Williams (2,300 inhabitants) is the southernmost settlement north of the Antarctic. In the afternoon you have time to explore the tiny fishering village of Puerto Williams on your own and to visit the interesting Martin Gusinde Museum, where you can learn about the culture of the Yamana Indigenous. Overnight: Guesthouse in Puerto Williams in double room with private bathroom. (B/-/D)
Day 12-15: Dientes de Navarino Wilderness Trek
Today you hike through a deep forest of beech trees and swampland uphill to Laguna Salto (480m). You set up camp close to the gorgeous Laguna where you spend the night in tents. Appr. walking time: 5 hours, walking distance: 9 km (5,6 miles), elevation gain of approx. 600 m (1,970 ft) ascent and 200 m (660 ft) descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Laguna Salto. (B/LB/D)
Today you hike over the Paso Primero to the Mirador de los Dientes and enjoy a picturesque view over the Dientes Mountain range with its blue lagoons. Afterwards, you hike further over terrain that might be partly snow covered to reach the Paso Australia (805 m / 2,640 ft). Along the way you discover small lagoons and the sharp rising Dientes mountains until you arrive at your next campsite. Appr. walking time: 5 hours, walking distance: 9,5 km (5,9 miles), elevation gain of approx. 400 m (1,310 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Laguna Escondida. (B/LB/D)
Today you walk through the hidden and untouched valleys of Isla Navarino and cross the Paso Ventarron (696 m / 2,280 ft). You move towards the valley where you can observe forests and dams built by beavers. If you are lucky, you may have the chance to watch one of these animals busy at work. Appr. walking time: 4-5 hours, walking distance: 8 km (5 miles), elevation gain of approx. 300 m (980 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Laguna Martillo. (B/LB/D)
You hike uphill on a sometimes muddy trail to Paso Virginia (829 m / 2,720 ft), the highest point of the Dientes de Navarino-Circuit. From up there you have views back to the rock spires of Monte Lindenmayer and also to Hoste Island and Ushuaia. Afterwards, you descent to Laguna Guanacas and hike back to Puerto Williams, passing dense Coigue forest and fire-cleared slopes until you reach Los Bronces. From there you have a private transfer back to your guesthouse in Puerto Williams, followed by a farewell dinner. Appr. walking time: 7-8 hours, walking distance: 15 km (9,3 miles), elevation gain of approx. 420 m (1,380 ft) ascent and 830 m (2,720 ft) descent. Overnight: Guesthouse in Puerto Williams in a cozy familiar atmosphere in double room with private bathroom. (B/LB/D)
Day 16-17: Puerto Williams – Punta Arenas or Ushuaia
After breakfast, say goodbye to our local trekking-guide and fly back over the Darwin Mountain range to Punta Arenas and (alternative: boat ride to Ushuaia). You will spend the last night in a hotel in double room with private bathroom. (B/-/-)
Private transfer from the hotel to the airport of Punta Arenas (alternative: to the Ushuaia airport) (without a guide). (B/-/-)
- Local PORTERS carry personal belongings (5 kg per person) throughout the Torres del Paine O Circuit
- Local PORTERS carry the expedition tents and cooking equipment throughout the Dientes de Navarino Circuit
- Local English/Spanish speaking certified trekking guide (WFR) (day 2-8, 11-15)
- from 7 participants: Local English/Spanish speaking certified assistant guide
- Accommodation: 7 nights in a hotel or guesthouse in double room with private bathroom and 9 nights in roomy, high quality 2-person expedition tents
- Meals: 16 x breakfast, 10 x box lunch, 11 x dinner
- Transport: all public and private transfers as per the detailed itinerary
- Airport pick up & drop off
- Domestic flight Punta Arenas-Puerto Williams-Punta Arenas (alternative: boat ride to Ushuaia)
- Entry Fee: to the Torres del Paine National Park
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and VHF-equipment / satellite phone
- Single supplement: extra charge 450 USD p.p.
- Tour guide on the days of transfer
- Meals and beverages not indicated on the itinerary
- Sleeping bag and camping mat
- Tips for guide and porters
- Optional trips, such as:
- 3 hours kayak tour on Grey Lake (150 USD p.p.) or
- 4-5 hours ice hike Grey Glacier (210 USD p.p.) day 6
- Excursions on day 9
- Half day exkursion Penguin colony Magdalena Island (130 USD p.P.) on day 10
- Local payments
- International and domestic airfare and airport charges - except the flights to/from Puerto Williams
- Excess luggage fees
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be purchased prior to the start of the trip.
DEPARTURE DATES & BOOKING
PRIVAT JUST4U You can choose your own private departure for this trip with a minimum of 4 of you travelling together.