- Try a Lamb barbecue on a cozy Patagonian Estancia
- Torres del Paine National Park: Granite needles - Patagonian Icefield - Grey Glacier
- Hike to the rock spire of the mystic Cerro Torre and the legendary Monte Fitz Roy
- Enjoy tasty Argentinian steaks & Malbec red wine
- Admire the huge Perito Moreno Glacier in Los Glaciares National Park during a boat ride
- Observe the local wildlife: guanacos, condors and ñandus
- Endless Patagonian “Pampa” and proud gauchos
- Before dinner, take a pisco sour, the Chilean national drink
12 days from/to Punta Arenas
- 4 days hiking
- 2 x boatride
- 11 nights selected hotel
- 11x breakfast
- 9x box lunch
- 8x dinner
from 4.190 USD
Explore on relaxing daily hikes through the most beautiful national parks the natural miracles and mountain world of Patagonia.
On a visit of the famous Perito Moreno Glacier and a boat ride to the deep blue-shining Grey Glacier you will learn more about these impressive icemasses of the southern hemisphare.
Enjoy in a cozy atmosphere the culinary delights and exquisite vines of Patagonia, or go for a Whiskey, served on thousand-year-old ice from the glacier. Ride together with the local gauchos through the wind branded Pampa and enjoy a typical lamb barbecue on one of the Patagonian estancias (sheep farm).
- The group size for this trip has a minimum of 2 people.
- Individual/private tours/departure dates are available on request.
- Best season: from October to April.
A good physical fitness is necessary requirement for this tour. Furthermore, you should be able to walk with your daypack (40l to 50l) up to 6-8 hours a day with some strenuous ascents and descents.
Day 1-2: Arrival in Puerto Natales - Patagonian Estancia
After having arrived at the airport of Punta Arenas you travel to Puerto Natales (private transfer, without a guide). After having arrived Puerto Natales you meet our trekking-guide for a short briefing about the next days. After a delicious welcome dinner you will stay one night in a hotel in Puerto Natales. (-/-/D)
In the early morning you will drive with a private transfer through the wind branded Pampa observing the typical birds and animals of this fantastic region. Having arrived at your estancia, you will have time to gain an insight into the authentic ranch life of the patagonian gauchos. Choose a horseback riding or just enjoy the breathtaking view onto the fantastic mountain range while drinking a „Pisco Sour“. Overnight stay in a cozy guest ranch (estancia). (B/L/D)
Day 3-5: Torres del Paine NP – Treks to the Granite Granit Needles – Grey Glacier
Today you will drive to the Torres del Paine National Park, passing by the astonishing waterfalls “Cascadas del Paine”. After arriving the park you will hike to get a first rate view on the no. 1 highlight: The famous Torres Towers. At first it leads you up to the Ascencio-valley where you take a break at the Refugio Chileno next to the lovely Ascencio River. After 2 more hours and a tough ascent you are rewarded for your efforts: You will stand in front of the impressive needles with a green lagoon lying to your feet. Enjoy a delicious dinner and a glass of excellent Chilean red wine, while sitting nearby an open fire. (Hiking time Trek viewpoint Las Torres approx. 8 hours, difference in elevation approx. 850 meters). Overnight stay in the Hosteria Las Torres. (B/L/D)
This morning a transfer will bring you to the thunderous waterfall Salto Grande. Afterwards you walk to the „Los Cuernos“ lookout. After a leisurely lunch a beautiful walk leads you to the viewpoint „Mirador Condor“. After an ascent of 250 meters you gain an unforgettable panoramic view over the complete Torres-del-Paine massif. Hiking time viewpoint „Condor“ 2 hours; hiking time lookout „Los Cuernos“ 2 hours. Overnight stay in the spectacular situated Hosteria Pehoe. (B/L/D)
Today you will cross the Grey Lake by boat until you reach the imposing ice walls of the blue-shining Grey Glacier. With a bit of luck you might even experience giant blocks of ice thundering into the lake. Don´t miss a Whiskey, served on thousand-year-old ice from the glacier. After that amazing boat trip you will leave Torres del Paine National Park and drive back to Puerto Natales. Overnight in a hotel. (B/L/-)
Day 6-7: El Calafate – El Chaltén
Transfer in a regular bus through the wind branded Pampa to El Calafate in Argentina (without a guide). In the afternoon you will have some time to go shopping or to try the famous Argentine steaks. Overnight stay in a hotel. (B/L/-)
Today you are heading to El Chaltén with a regular bus, taking a break at the Estancia La Leona (without a guide). El Chaltén is a lovely village in the mountains that will be your starting point for the next days. In the afternoon you have time to discover this idyllic place by on your own or to do a short hike to the viewpoints „Condores & Aguilas“ or to the Chorillo del Salto. You spend the night in a cozy hosteria. (B/-/-)
Day 8-10: El Chaltén – Cerro Torre & Fitz Roy Trek - Perito Moreno Glacier
In the morning you will meet your trekking-guide. A 6-hours guided walk leads you to Laguna Torre where you have a great view to the impressive Cerro Torre (3,102m) with its glaciers. The elevation is 250 m. Overnight in a cozy hosteria. (B/L/D)
Today you walk through Magellan forest of Southern beech trees to Piedras Blancas Glacier always having picturesque views on the Fitz Roy massiv (3,405m) from different angels. After visiting the beautifully located Capri Lagoon you will hike back to the mountain village Chalten. (Hiking time approx. 5-6 hours, difference in elevation approx. 500 meters for descent). Fit and experienced hikers can take the side trip option and hike uphill to the Lagoon de los Tres (additional hiking time approx. 2 hours). Overnight stay in a cozy hosteria. (B/L/D)
Today, you take a regular bus back to El Calafate (without a guide). In the afternoon you visit the incomparable Perito Moreno Glacier in the Los Glaciers National park that is part of the Southern Patagonian Ice Field (with a guide). If you are lucky you will watch the Glacier calving. Furthermore you will take a boat ride over the Argentino Lake along the imposing ice walls of the glacier (appr. 1 hour). Overnight stay in a hotel. (B/L/D)
Day 11-12: El Calafate - Puerto Natales - Punta Arenas
You travel from Argentina back to Puerto Natales / Chile on a regular bus (without a guide). You can use the afternoon to explore the small town at the Ultima Esperanza Fjord. After a delicious farewell-dinner you stay in a hotel. (B/L/D)
Private Transfer from Puerto Natales to the airport of Punta Arenas (without a guide). (B/-/-)
- Accommodation: 11 nights in selected Hotels / Hosterias in double rooms with private bathroom
- Meals: 11 x breakfast, 9 x lunch/box unch, 8 x dinner
- Local English and Spanish speaking certified trekking guide for Torres del Paine (Day 2 - 5) (WFR)
- Local English and Spanish speaking certified guide for El Chaltén (Day 8 and 9) (WFR) and during the excursion to the Perito Moreno Glacier (Day 10)
- Transport: all public and private transfers as per detailed itinerary
- Boat rides: across the Pehoe Lake & the Argentino Lake
- Entry fees to the Torres del Paine NP and to the Los Glaciares NP
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and VHF-equipment
- Tour guide on the days of transfer
- Not appointed meals and beverages
- Optional trips
- Local payments
- International and domestic airfare and airport charges
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be purchased prior to the start of the trip.
DEPARTURE DATES & BOOKING
PRIVAT JUST4U You can choose your own private departure for this trip with a minimum of 2 of you travelling together.