- Torres del Paine O Trek: 7-day, porter assisted and guided circumnavigation of the Torres del Paine massif - one of the world's Top 10 Treks
- Dive into a world of eternal ice fields, granite spires & alpine lakes and resist the strong gust of wind while crossing the John Gardner pass
- Overnight in spectacular campsites surrounded by superb mountain scenery and ancient forest
- Drink Mate-tea together with our local porters and try “Pan del Indio”, an edible mushroom similar to a ping pong ball
- Observe iconic species such as guanacos, pumas & condors
- Paddle between huge icebergs on the Grey Lake and hear the creaking movements of the vast Grey Glacier
9 days from/to Puerto Natales
- 7 days trekking
- Kayak tour or Ice hike
- 6 nights expedition tent
- 2 nights hotel
- 8x breakfast
- 6x box lunch
- 6x dinner
from 3.090 USD
How many days do I need for the O-Circuit?
The O-Circuit or O-Trek is approx. 117 km/73 miles long and takes at least seven days to complete. It adds a northern section of hiking on to the W-Trek, including John Gardner Pass. The Full O-Circuit is suitable for more experienced hikers, due to its longer distance and necessity for backcountry camping, but the remarkable views are well worth it. This route circumnavigates counterclockwise the entire Paine range without the crowds of the W-Hike (at least in the northern part of the Park), providing more opportunities for off-the-beaten-path discoveries and solitude.
Why should I book the O-Trek with MOSER ACTIVE?
If you book the O-Trek with MOSER Active, a certified and experienced trekking guide and porters for tents and personal belongings are always included in the trip price.
An experienced MOSER Active guide means you are a lot safer. The guide would bring a satellite phone along to call out for help if needed. Your guide will know the tricky parts of the trail and can give you a lot of information on what you are observing alongside the trail, about animals, plants, geology, people and culture. Walking with a porter also means decreasing the weight of your backpack as you won't have to carry your tent, sleeping bag and sleeping mattress. Even if you’re accompanied by a professional certified guide, make sure you are fit enough to do a demanding trek of several days.
Circumscribe on the Torres del Paine Full Circuit the impressive mountain range of Torres del Paine in just 7-days on this unique trekking adventure!
Admire the peerless gleaming glaciers and hardy tailored mountains formed by the movement of glacier tongues. Hike along emerald-green shining lakes and massive Patagonian ice fields until you finally reach the famous granite towers of Torres del Paine. The National Park obtained its name from its three imposing rocky needles, and they are a sight to behold. Watch the wonderful Patagonian sunset and admire the enclosing mountains turn into an incomparable red color. You will sleep under the “Southern Cross”, drink mate-tea together with the local porters and feel at one with Chile’s untouched and breathtaking nature.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- The group size for this trip has a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 12.
- The offered departure dates include the possibility of booking other people. Individual and/or private tours/departure dates are available on request.
- Best season: from November to March.
Excellent physical fitness and team spirit are necessary requirements for this tour. You should be able to walk with your day pack (8 to 10 kg / 17–22 lbs) long distances (once to 10 hours a day) with some strenuous ascents and descents. Differences in elevation from 250 m to 1,300 m per day (from 820 ft to 4,300 ft).
PORTERS FOR PERSONAL BELONGINGS & CAMPING GEAR ARE INCLUDED IN THE TRIP PRICE.
NO EXTRA COSTS FOR PORTERS!
- During the trekking days you need to carry just your own day-backpack (approx. 8-10 kg / 17-22 lbs). We would recommend at least a 35/40 litre daypack, better 45/50 litre. Your day-backpack should include: Rain coat, rain trousers, fleece or light down jacket, trekking poles, gloves, cap, camera, lunch and water for the day (and also gear for good weather conditions!).
- The rest of the luggage, which you need for the trekking days, will be carried by porters in waterproof kitbags. We provide a 30-liter waterproof kitbag for each of you ("SealLine Dry Bag").
- Each participant will be able to put the following items in their 30l waterproof kitbag: your personal items such as your sleeping bag and camping mat (approx. 2,5kg / 5.5lbs for the sleeping bag/mat and 2,5kg / 5.5lbs for personal belongings like vanity bag, toiletries, extra-set of clothes). The bag's weight should not exceed 5 kg / 11lbs.
- The rest of your luggage, which you do not need on the 7 days trekking tour, stays locked at your hotel in Puerto Natales.
- All campsites are equipped with toilets, showers and Refugios (Mountain huts/Lodges). Breakfast and dinner are served in the dining rooms of the Refugios/mountain huts which are always close to the campsites.
ITINERARY O Circuit
Day 1-2: Puerto Natales - Torres del Paine National Park - Trek Seron
Upon arrival at Puerto Natales bus station or airport a private transfer will take you to the hotel (without a guide). In the afternoon you will have time to explore this little town on your own. In good weather, the first impressive panorama of the Paine Massif and Monte Balmaceda can be seen from here. In the evening you meet your trekking guide for a short briefing about the next days. Overnight: Hotel in Puerto Natales in double room with private bathroom (Hotel Hallef or Hotel Lady Florence Dixie or similar). (-/-/-)
In the morning you take a private transfer to the Torres del Paine National Park and will see some of the native wildlife of this fantastic region like Guanacos and Ñandus. Driving time 2-3 hours, driving distance approx. 130 km. In the afternoon your first hike leads you to Campamento Seron. Depending on the weather and season you will spot varios birds and plants like the Palomita (a white orchid). Appr. walking time: 4-5 hours, walking distance: 12 km (7,5 miles), elevation gain of approx. 350 m (1,150 ft) ascent and descent. You spend the night in our tents with unobstructed views of the starry sky on campsite Seron. (B/-/D)
Day 3-5: Treks Dickson - Los Perros - John Garner Pass - Camp Grey
Today you hike along Lago Paine and Rio Paine to the wonderful Refugio and Campamento Dickson. Near the camp you will get a picturesque view on the enclosing Dickson Glacier. There will be enough time to enjoy this inviting campsite while sitting together and sharing your overwhelming impressions. Appr. walking time: 6-7 hours, walking distance: 18,5 km (11,5 miles), elevation gain of approx. 350 m (1,150 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Dickson. (B/BL/D)
You leave the camp on Lago Dickson and walk through a mystic Magellan forest of Southern beech trees to reach your next camp. Campamento Los Perros is fabulously situated at the edge of a forest and glacier of the same name. Appr. walking time: 4-5 hours, walking distance: 9,5 km (5,9 miles), elevation gain of approx. 400 m (1,300 ft) ascent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Los Perros. (B/BL/D)
Today you probably face the most exhausting but most impressive part of the tour. You leave the camp Los Perros and hike uphill to the Paso John Garner where you can admire a striking view over the Southern Patagonian Ice field. Altitude Paso John Garner: 1250m. Afterwards you scale down along the impressive Grey Glacier to your next camp. Appr. walking time: 8-10 hours, walking distance: 22 km (13,7 miles), elevation gain of approx. 800 m (2,600 ft) ascent and 1,300 m (4,300 ft) descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Grey. (B/BL/D)
Day 6-7: Kayak tour or Ice hike Grey Glacier- Treks Paine Grande - French Valley
In the morning you can choose an optional 3 hours day kayak excursion on the Lago Grey along the icebergs of the Grey Glacier or an optional 4-5 hours ice hike on Glacier Grey - or enjoy some free time to relax. In the afternoon you hike along Lago Grey to the black lagoon (Laguna Negra) while exploring and learning about the surrounding nature. From there, you walk down to the camp Paine Grande that is beautifully located at the turquoise colored Lago Pehoe. Appr. walking time: 4-5 hours, walking distance: 12 km (7,5 miles), elevation gain of approx. 350 m (1,150 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Paine Grande. (B/BL/D)
Today, you walk along the splendorous Lago Skottsberg to Campamento Italiano. Subsequently you move towards the French valley and its viewpoint “Mirador” where you gain deep insight into the mountains. With a bit of luck you witness ice cracking off the Paine Grande (3,050m) sounding like a roaring thunder. After 6-7 hours of walking you come back to Camp Paine Grande on Lago Pehoe. Walking distance: 18 km (11 miles), elevation gain is about 600m ascent/descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Paine Grande. (B/BL/D)
Day 8-9: Trek Torres del Paine Towers - Puerto Natales
In the morning you cross Lake Pehoe with the catamaran (approx. 30 min) and continue your journey in a private transfer to the Las Torres sector (approx. one hour panoramic trip).
Afterwards, you will hike to get an excellent view on the no. 1 highlight: The famous Torres Towers. At first it leads you up to the Ascencio Valley where you take a break at the Refugio Chileno next to the lovely Ascencio River. After 2+ hours and a tough ascent you are rewarded for your efforts: You will stand in front of the impressive Needles with a green lagoon lying at your feet. Altitude Las Torres Lookout: 900m (2,950 ft). Appr. walking time: 8 hours, walking distance: 19 km (11,8 miles), elevation gain of approx. 950 m (3,120 ft) ascent and descent.
After this challenging hike you take our private transfer back to Puerto Natales and say goodbye to our local trekking guide (driving time 2 hours, driving distance approx. 130 km). Arrival at the hotel between 9pm and 10pm. Overnight: Hotel in Puerto Natales in double room with private bathroom (Hotel Hallef or Hotel Lady Florence Dixie or similar). (B/BL/-)
After breakfast a private transfer will take you to the Puerto Natales bus station or airport (without a guide). (B/-/-)
- Local PORTERS carry personal belongings (5 kg per person) throughout the Torres del Paine "O" Circuit
- Local English/Spanish speaking certified trekking guide (day 2 - 8) (WFR)
- From 7 participants: Local English/Spanish speaking certified assistant guide (day 2 - 8)
- Accommodation: 2 nights in hotel in double room with private bathroom and 6 nights in roomy, high quality 2-person-expedition-tents
- Meals: 8 x breakfast, 6 x box lunch, 6 x dinner
- Transport: all private transfers as per the detailed itinerary
- Boat ride: Catamaran on Pehoe Lake
- Puerto Natales Airport pick up & drop off
- Entry fees: to Torres del Paine National Park
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and satellite phone / VHF-equipment
- Single supplement: extra charge 250 USD p.p.
- Meals and beverages not indicated on the itinerary
- Sleeping bag and camping mat
- Tips for guides and porters
- Kayak tour on Grey Lake (150 USD p.p.) or ice hike on Grey Glacier (210 USD p.p.) on Day 6
- Local payments
- International and domestic airfare and airport charges
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be purchased prior to the start of the trip.
DEPARTURE DATES & BOOKING
PRIVAT JUST4U You can choose your own private departure for this trip by a minimum of 2 of you travelling together.