- Guided Soft day hikes in the famous Torres del Paine National Park, the most beautiful national park in Chile
- Torres Granite Needles - French Valley - Grey Glacier Lookout & Patagonian Icefield
- Panoramic boat trip: Catamaran on the beautiful, emerald green Pehoe Lake
- Local wildlife: guanacos, condors and ñandus in the windy Patagonian steppe
5 days from/to Puerto Natales
- 3 days hiking
- 2 boat rides
- 2 nights tent
- 2 nights hostal
- 4x breakfast
- 2x box lunch
- 2x dinner
from 1.990 CAD
Torres del Paine National Park is one of the most popular national parks in not just Chile but the entire Andes region, and for good reason. The peaks rise up in ragged glory, the fauna is incredibly varied and the glaciers are (still) of an astonishing length.
Explore the highlights of the famous Torres del Paine National Park on this 6-day trip. Take diverse day hikes and see the best the park has to offer. Explore the multifarious fauna and flora while you watch the gliding flight of the condor. Enjoy stunning views of the enormous mountain ranges while crossing Lake Pehoe. Hike to the best lookout points.
This tour will be an unforgettable experience for everyone who wants to discover the many-sided Patagonian beauty. Your hikes to the rising Torres Towers and to the vast Grey Glacier will stay in your minds forever as a dream of granite and ice!
- The group size for this trip has a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 12.
- The offered departure dates include the possibility of booking other people. Individual and/or private tours/departure dates are available on request.
- Best season: from November to March.
A very good physical fitness is necessary requirement for this tour. Furthermore, you should be able to walk with your daypack (30 to 35 l) up to 6-8 hours a day with some strenuous ascents and descents.
All campsites are equipped with toilets, showers and Refugios (Mountain huts/Lodges). Breakfast and dinner are served in the dining rooms of the Refugios/mountain huts which are always close to the campsites.
Day 1: Arrival in Puerto Natales
Upon arrival at Puerto Natales bus station or airport a private transfer will take you to the guesthouse (without a guide). In the afternoon you will have time to explore this little town on your own. In good weather, the first impressive panorama of the Paine Massif and Monte Balmaceda can be seen from here. In the evening you meet your trekking guide for a short briefing about the next days. Overnight: Guesthouse in Puerto Natales in double room with private bathroom. (-/-/-)
Day 2: Torres del Paine National Park - Trek to the Viewpoint Grey Glacier
In the morning you take a regular bus to the Torres del Paine Nationalpark and will see some of the native wildlife of this fantastic region like Guanacos and Ñandus. Upon arrival in the park you cross the beautiful Pehoe-Lake with a catamaran (approx. 30 min). The Lodge / Camp Paine Grande will be your "base camp" for the next two days. In the afternoon you walk along the Black Lagoon (Laguna Negra) and the Path of Winds (Camino del Viento) to the viewpoint on the Grey Glacier. Depending on weather and season you come across various birds and plants. You have more or less 4 hours to walk and an elevation of approx. 350m. Overnight: on campsite Paine Grande in tents (fully equiped). (B/-/D)
Day 3: Torres del Paine National Park - French Valley
Today, you walk along the splendorous Lago Skottsberg to Campamento Italiano. Subsequently you move towards the French valley and its viewpoint “Mirador” where you gain deep insight into the mountains. With a bit of luck you witness ice cracking off the Paine Grande (3,050m) sounding like a roaring thunder. After 6-7 hours of walking you come back to Lago Pehoe. The elevation is about 600m ascent/descent. After having crossed Lago Pehoe with the catamaran, a public shuttle brings you to the Las Torres sector. Overnight: on campsite Central in tents (fully equiped). (B/BL/D)
Day 4: Trek to the Torres del Paine Granite Needles
Today, you will hike to get an excellent view on the no. 1 highlight: The famous Torres Towers. At first it leads you up to the Ascencio Valley where you take a break at the Refugio Chileno next to the lovely Ascencio River. After 2+ hours and a tough ascent you are rewarded for your efforts: You will stand in front of the impressive Needles with a green lagoon lying at your feet. After this challenging hike you take the regular bus back to Puerto Natales and say goodbye to our local trekking-guide. Appr. walking time: 8 hours, walking distance: 19 km (11,8 miles), elevation gain of approx. 950 m (3,120 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: Guesthouse in Puerto Natales in double room with private bathroom. (B/BL/-)
Day 5: Puerto Natales
After breakfast, a private transfer will take you to the Puerto Natales bus station or airport (without a guide). (B/-/-)
- Accommodation: 2 nights in a guesthouse in double rooms with private bathroom and 2 nights in roomy, high quality 2-person-expedition-tents (equiped with sleeping bag and sleeping mats)
- Meals: 4 x breakfast, 2 x box lunch, 2 x dinner
- Local English and Spanish speaking certified trekking guide for Torres del Paine (day 2-4) (WFR)
- from 7 participants: Local English/Spanish speaking certified assistant guide (day 2 - 4)
- Transport: public transfers IN/OUT Torres del Paine National Park
- Boat ride: Catamaran on Pehoe Lake
- Puerto Natales airport pick up & drop off
- Entry fee: the Torres del Paine NP
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and VHF-equipment
- Single supplement: 2 nights in guesthouse - extra charge p.p. 100 USD
- Private transfer IN/OUT Torres del Paine National Park - extra charge p.P. 150 USD
- Not appointed meals and beverages
- Optional trips
- Tips/gratuity, local payments
- International and domestic airfare and airport charges
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be purchased prior to the start of the trip.
DEPARTURE DATES & BOOKING
PRIVAT JUST4U You can choose your own private departure for this trip with a minimum of 2 of you travelling together.