- Hike to the rock spire of the mystic Cerro Torre and the legendary Monte Fitz Roy in the Los Glaciares National Park
- Discover the perpetual ice of the huge Perito Moreno Glacier and take a Boat ride across the Argentino Lake
- Explore the capital of the glaciers El Calafate and the picturesque mountain village El Chaltén
- Look out for condores, woodpeckers and a wealth of other bird and animal life
- Relish the local cuisine, Argentinian steak, empanadas (filled dumplings) & Malbec red wine
- Visit the Glaciarium ice museum and ice bar near El Calafate
6 days from/to El Calafate
- 2 days hiking
- 1 boat ride
- 5 nights hotel
- 5x breakfast
- 5x box lunch
from 2.190 CAD
Argentine Patagonian Andes - Who hasn’t heard of the world-renowned Cerro Torre, Monte Fitz Roy or the Perito Moreno Glacier? Explore the Patagonian Andes of Argentina on this 6-day trip and admire the impressive mountains that are formed by the movement of Glacier tongues!
Discover the famed Perito Moreno Glacier and see for yourself this perpetual ice rock. Take a boat ride across Argentino Lake and admire the views. Hike to the rock spire of the mystic Cerro Torre and the legendary Monte Fitz Roy. Soak up some of the cultural highlights and enjoy tasty Argentinian cuisine and wines. Explore the capital of the glaciers El Calafate and the picturesque mountain village El Chaltén.
The group size for this trip has a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 12
Departures: individual on request (with the possibility to book other people on this trip)
- Best season: from October to April
Activity level 2 - Moderate - Day tours that will challenge you moderately. Differences in elevation but also in temperature will be the most challenging part. The equipment for your belongings must be carried by you throughout the duration of the trip day (rain gear, fleece or light down jacket, trekking poles, gloves, hat, camera, lunch and water for the day, and also gear for good weather conditions!).
Day 1-2: El Calafate - Mountain Village El Chaltén
Upon arrival at El Calafate airport or bus station a private transfer will take you to the hotel (without a guide). In the afternoon you will have some time to go shopping or to try the famous Argentine steaks. The bird sanctuary "Laguna Nimez" on Lago Argentino also invites you to visit. Overnight: Hotel in El Calafate in double room with private bathroom (Hotel Picos del Sur or similar). (-/-/-)
Today you are heading to El Chaltén with a regular bus (without a guide, driving time appr. 3 hours), taking a break at the Estancia La Leona. El Chaltén is a lovely village in the mountains that will be your starting point for the next days. In the afternoon you have some time to discover this idyllic place on our own or to go on short hikes to the waterfall “Chorillo del Salto” or to the viewpoints “Condores & Aguilas”. Overnight: Hotel in El Chaltén in double room with private bathroom (Hosteria El Paraiso or Hosteria Fitz Roy or similar). (B/BL/-)
Day 3: Hike to Laguna Torre - Cerro Torre Lookout
In the morning you will meet your trekking-guide for the next hikes. A 6-hours guided walk leads you to Laguna Torre where you have a great view to the Cerro Torre (3,102 m / 10,180 ft) with its glaciers. Later on, you take a break at the Agostini Camp that is the base camp for all Cerro Torre mountaineers.
Altitude Cerro Torre Lookout: 650m. Appr. walking time: 6 hours, walking distance: 18 km (11 miles), elevation gain of approx. 250 m (820 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: Hotel in El Chaltén in double room with private bathroom. (B/BL/-)
Day 4: Trek to Laguna de los tres - Monte Fitz Roy Lookout
You hike to Laguna de los Tres and the viewpoint of Laguna Sucia. You also pass the base camp Rio Blanco that serves all Fitz Roy Mountaineers. Your efforts will be rewarded with an unforgettable view on the Monte Fitz Roy (3,406 m / 11,175 ft) and the surrounding mountains.
Altitude Fitz Roy Lookout: 1250m. Appr. walking time: 8-9 hours, walking distance: 24 km (14,9 miles), elevation gain of approx. 750 m (2,460 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: Hotel in El Chaltén in double room with private bathroom. (B/BL/-)
Day 5-6: Glacier Perito Moreno - Boat ride Argentino Lake - El Calafate
In the morning you get back to El Calafate with the regular bus (without a guide, driving time appr. 3 hours). In the afternoon you visit the incomparable Perito Moreno Glacier in the Los Glaciers National park that is part of the Southern Patagonian Ice Field (with a guide). If you are lucky you will witness the Glacier calving. Furthermore, you take a boat ride over the Argentino Lake along the imposing ice walls of the glacier (appr. 1 hour). Overnight: Hotel in El Calafate in double room with private bathroom (Hotel Picos del Sur or similar). (B/BL/-)
Private transfer to El Calafate airport or bus station. (B/BL/-)
- Accommodation: 5 nights in hotels in double room with private bathroom
- Meals: 5x breakfast, 5x box lunch
- Local English/Spanish speaking certified trekking guide Cerro Torre & Fitz Roy Treks (WFR) and during the excursion to the Perito Moreno Glacier
- Transport: all public and private transfers as per the detailed itinerary
- Boat ride across the Argentino Lake along the Perito Moreno Glacier
- Airport pick up & drop off
- Entry Fees/Admission: to Los Glaciares National Park
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and VHF-equipment
- Single supplement: extra charge p.p. $180 USD
- Meals and beverages not indicated on the itinerary
- Optional trips
- Local payments
- International and domestic airfare and airport charges
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be purchased prior to the start of the trip.
DEPARTURE DATES & BOOKING
PRIVAT JUST4U You can choose your own private departure for this trip with a minimum of 2 of you travelling together.