- Winter hikes in Torres del Paine National Park
- Torres Granite Needles - French Valley - Grey Glacier - Patagonian Icefield
- Observe local wildlife and do bird watching: guanacos, condors and ñandus
- Endless Patagonian “Pampa” and proud gauchos
7 days from/to Puerto Natales
- 5 days hiking in winter
- 4 days refugio
- 2 nights hostal
- 6x breakfast
- 4x box lunch
- 4x dinner
from 2.450 CAD
Explore on diversified WINTER hikes the highlights of the famous Torres del Paine National Park. This tour will be an unforgettable experience for everyone who wants to discover the many-sided Patagonian beauty. Your hikes to the rising Torres Towers and to the vast Grey Glacier will stay in your minds forever as a dream of granite and ice.
- The group size for this trip has a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 12.
- Individual departure dates are available on request, including the possibility of booking other people.
- Best season: from June to August.
A good physical fitness is necessary requirement for this tour. Furthermore, you should be able to walk with your daypack (40l to 50l) up to 6-8 hours a day with some strenuous ascents and descents.
Day 1: Puerto Natales
Upon arrival in Puerto Natales you meet our trekking-guide for a short briefing about the next days. You spend the first night in a guesthouse in Puerto Natales in double room with private bathroom. (-/-/-)
Day 2-3: Torres del Paine National Park - Treks to Lodge Paine Grande & Viewpoint Grey Glacier
In the morning you take a private bus ride to the Torres del Paine Nationalpark and will see some of the native wildlife of this fantastic region like Guanacos and Ñandus. Upon arrival at the park, you will hike on „Las Carretas Sendero” to Lodge Paine Grande, which will be your "base camp" for the next days. You have more or less 6 hours to walk and an elevation of approx. 150m.Overnight: Lodge Paine Grande in shared bedrooms and shared bathrooms. (B/-/D)
Today you walk along the Black Lagoon (Laguna Negra) and the Path of Winds (Camino del Viento) to the viewpoint on the Grey Glacier. Depending on weather and season you come across various birds and plants. You have more or less 4-5 hours to walk and an elevation of approx. 350m. Overnight: Lodge Paine Grande in shared bedrooms and shared bathrooms. (B/BL/D)
Day 4-5: Torres del Paine National Park - French Valley & Hike along Rio Grey
Today, you walk along the splendorous Lago Skottsberg to Campamento Italiano. Subsequently you move towards the French valley and its viewpoint “Mirador” where you gain deep insight into the mountains. With a bit of luck you witness ice cracking off the Paine Grande (3,050m) sounding like a roaring thunder. After 6-7 hours of walking you come back to Lago Pehoe. The elevation is about 600m ascent/descent. Overnight: in the Lodge Paine Grande in shared bedrooms and shared bathrooms. (B/BL/D)
Today you will walk from the Lodge Paine Grande in about 6 hours back to the "Administration", the seat of the park administration. The views during this walk along the Gray River give you a deep insight into the mountains of the Paine massif. Afterwards our private transfer takes you to the Serano sector. Overnight: in a Refugio in shared bedrooms and shared bathrooms. (B/BL/D)
Day 6-7: Trek to the Torres del Paine Granite Needles - Puerto Natales
A 2-hour panoramic drive through the park brings you to the Las Torres sector. Subsequently, you will hike to get an excellent view on the no. 1 highlight: The famous Torres Towers. At first it leads you up to the Ascencio Valley where you take a break at the Refugio Chileno next to the lovely Ascencio River. After 2+ hours and a tough ascent you are rewarded for your efforts: You will stand in front of the impressive Needles with a green lagoon lying at your feet. After this challenging hike you take our private bus back to Puerto Natales and say goodbye to our local trekking-guide. Appr. walking time: 8 hours, walking distance: 19 km (11,8 miles), elevation gain of approx. 950 m (3,120 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: Guesthouse in Puerto Natales in double room with private bathroom. (B/BL/-)
After breakfast, a private transfer will take you to the Puerto Natales bus station (without a guide) (B/-/-)
- Accommodation: 2 nights in a guesthouse in double rooms with private bathroom and 4 nights in a lodge/refugio with shared bedroom and shared bathroom.
- Meals: 6 x breakfast, 4 x box lunch, 4 x dinner
- Local English and Spanish speaking certified trekking guide for Torres del Paine (Day 2-6) (WFR)
- Transport: all private transfers as per detailed itinerary
- Entry fee: to the Torres del Paine NP
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and VHF-equipment
- Single supplement: 2 nights in guesthouse - extra charge p.p. 60 USD
- Not appointed meals and beverages
- Optional trips
- Local payments
- International and domestic airfare and airport charges
- Excess luggage fees
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be purchased prior to the start of the trip.
DEPARTURE DATES & BOOKING
PRIVAT JUST4U You can choose your own private departure for this trip by a minimum of 2 of you travelling together.