- Discover lively Ushuaia - Southernmost city in the world
- Ride the End-of-the-World-Train, once used by Ushuaia prisoners
- Take a trip on the Beagle-Channel to Martillo Island and learn more about see lions, dolphins and Magellan penguins
- Diversified day hikes in Tierra del Fuego National Park
- Relish the local cuisine: Argentinian steak, freshly caught king crab & Malbec red wine
5 days from/to Ushuaia
- 2 days hiking
- Boat ride
- 4 nights hotel
- 4x breakfast
- 2x box lunch
from 1.290 USD
- The group size for this trip has a minimum of 2 people.
- Individual departure dates are available on request.
- Best season: from October to April.
Suitable for people who are reasonably fit and hike at least once a month. Participants should be able to walk with their daypack (15 lbs) 6 hours a day with some strenuous ascents and descents.
Day 1: Arrival in Ushuaia
Upon arrival at the airport of Ushuaia we pick you up and bring you directly to your hotel, where you have some time to refresh and relax. Later on you have time to explore Ushuaia on your own. Overnight: Hotel in Ushuaia in double room with private bathroom. (-/-/-)
Day 2: End-of-the-World-Train - Boat ride on the Beagle-Channel - Fauna Marina
This morning, you will experience a one-hour ride on the End of the World train through the Tierra del Fuego National Park. In the afternoon, you take a boat ride on the Beagle Channel to the Faro (lighthouse) Les Eclereurs. On this impressive excursion, you will be able to observe a variety of waterfowl as well as sea lions and dolphins, and visit the penguin colony on the island of Isla Martillo. Overnight: Hotel in Ushuaia. (B/-/-)
Day 3: Tierra del Fuego National Park
Today, you take a full-day excursion to the Tierra del Fuego National Park. You will hike through typical firelands forests (about 3 hours) and then drive in the bay Lapataia with a Zodiac boat to the island of Redonda (about 1.5 hours). You will also get to see beaver dams and the native flora and fauna. Overnight: Hotel in Ushuaia. (F/BL/-)
Day 4: Trek Cerro Medio
After the breakfast you start onto the next adventure. Today you walk on paths created by convicts through southern beech forests up to the Laguna Margot. From there you continue on predominantly Guanacos beaten paths to the summit of Cerro Medio until you reach a breathtaking view of Ushuaia, the surrounding mountains and the Beagle Channel. In the late afternoon you will come back to your hotel. Overnight: Hotel in Ushuaia. (B/BL/-)
Day 5: Ushuaia
After breakfast a private transfer will take you to the Ushuaia airport (without a guide). (B/-/-)
- Accommodation: 4 nights in a hotel in double room with private bathroom
- Meals: 4 x breakfast, 2 x box lunch
- Local bilingual english/spanish speaking guide
- All transfers and excursions in international mixed groups as per the detailed itinerary
- Transfer to and from Ushuaia Airport
- Boat ride on the Beagle-Chanel
- Trip on the End-of-the-World-Train
- Single supplement (4 nights): extra charge p.p. $140 US
- Entry Fee to Tierra del Fuego National Park (p.p. 24,- USD)
- Meals and beverages not indicated on the itinerary
- Optional trips
- Local payments
- International and domestic airfare and airport charges
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be purchased prior to the start of the trip.