- Trek the 7-day Torres del Paine Full O Circuit - One of the world's Top 10 Trekking Circuits
- Dive into a world of eternal ice fields, granite spires & alpine lakes and resist the strong gust of wind while crossing the John Garner pass
- Overnight in spectacular campsites surrounded by superb mountain scenery and ancient forest
- Hike to the rock spire of the mystic Cerro Torre and the legendary Monte Fitz Roy
- Discover the perpetual ice of the Perito Moreno Glacier in Los Glaciares National Park & take a boat ride across Argentino Lake
- Relish the local cuisine: Argentinian steak & Malbec red wine
- Observe the local wildlife like guanacos, condors and Ñandus & the Patagonian pampa and gauchos
- Kayak tour to the ice walls of the Grey Glacier
15 days from/to Puerto Natales
- 9 days trekking
- Kayak tour or Ice hike
- 1 boat ride
- 6 nights expedition tent
- 8 nights hotel
- 14x breakfast
- 8x box lunch
- 6x dinner
from 4.090 USD
Overall, this Patagonia Active Hiking Trek exceeded my expectations! Our Guide went over and above to help us and his knowledge of the Torres del Paine Park was the point that made the trek in Patagonia unforgettable. He was punctual and made us all feel comfortable and safe. Fantastic trip – I will recommend MOSER Active to my american friends!
Sherry, United States
Patagonia - this impressively wide and wind burnt region with its fantastic pastel-coloured pasture land, its mountains of steeply rugged rock and icy glaciers is definitely the „El Dorado“ for every adventurer, hiker and nature lover. Who hasn’t heard of the world-renowned Torres del Paine, Monte Fitz Roy or the Perito Moreno Glacier?
On this unforgettable trekking trip you will hike in 7 days the Full Circuit or O Trek of the amazing Torres del Paine National Park. Admire robust chiseled mountains that are formed by the movement of Glacier tongues. Discover the emerald green-colored lakes, Magellan forests of beech trees and the perpetual ice of this inspiring UNESCO World Heritage site. Meet hardworking gauchos who call the wind branded steppe their home. Watch vigorous Guanacos fighting for their territories while condors majestically hover above you. After having faced the mystic Torres del Paine – granite towers the trek leads you to the gigantic Perito Moreno Glacier. What’s more, you will be rewarded with picturesque views of Patagonia, Monte Fitz Roy, and the legendary Cerro Torre during the trip.
- The group size for this trip has a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 12.
- The offered departure dates include the possibility of booking other people. Individual and/or private tours/departure dates are available on request.
- Best season: from November to March.
Excellent physical fitness and team spirit are necessary requirements for this tour. Furthermore, you should be able to walk with your daypack (8 to 10 kg / 17-22 lbs) long distances (once to 10 hours a day) with some strenuous ascents and descents. Differences in elevation from 250 m to 1,300 m per day (from 820 ft to 4,265 ft).
Trip Note Torres del Paine Full Circuit:
PORTERS FOR PERSONAL BELONGINGS & CAMPING GEAR ARE INCLUDED IN THE TRIP PRICE.
NO EXTRA COSTS FOR PORTERS!
- During the trekking days you need to carry just your own day-backpack (approx. 8-10 kg / 17-22 lbs). We would recommend at least a 35/40 litre daypack, better 45/50 litre. Your day-backpack should include: Rain coat, rain trousers, fleece or light down jacket, trekking poles, gloves, cap, camera, lunch and water for the day (and also gear for good weather conditions!).
- The rest of the luggage, which you need for the trekking days, will be carried by porters in waterproof kitbags. We provide a 30-liter waterproof kitbag for each of you ("SealLine Dry Bag").
- Each participant will be able to put the following items in their 30l waterproof kitbag: your personal items such as your sleeping bag and camping mat (approx. 2,5kg / 5.5lbs for the sleeping bag/mat and 2,5kg / 5.5lbs for personal belongings like vanity bag, toiletries, extra-set of clothes). The bag's weight should not exceed 5 kg / 11lbs.
- The rest of your luggage, which you do not need on the 7 days trekking tour, stays locked at your hotel in Puerto Natales.
- All campsites are equipped with toilets, showers and Refugios (Mountain huts/Lodges). Breakfast and dinner are served in the dining rooms of the Refugios/mountain huts which are always close to the campsites.
Day 1-4: Arrival in Puerto Natales - Treks Torres del Paine O Circuit
Upon arrival at the Puerto Natales airport or bus station a private transfer will take you to the hotel (without a guide). In the afternoon you will have time to explore this little town on your own. In good weather, the first impressive panorama of the Paine Massif and Monte Balmaceda can be seen from here. In the evening you meet your trekking-guide for a short briefing about the next days. Overnight: Hotel in Puerto Natales in double room with private bathroom (Hotel Hallef or Hotel Lady Florence Dixie or similar). (-/-/-)
In the morning you take a private transfer to the Torres del Paine National Park and enjoy spotting the local wildlife of this fantastic region, like Guanacos and Ñandus. Driving time 2-3 hours, driving distance approx. 130 km. In the afternoon your first hike leads you to Campamento Seron. Depending on the weather and season you will spot various birds and plants like the Palomita (a white orchid). Appr. walking time: 4-5 hours, walking distance: 12 km (7,5 miles), elevation gain of approx. 350 m (1,150 ft) ascent and descent. You spend the night in our tents with unobstructed views of the starry sky on campsite Seron. (B/-/D)
Today you hike along Lago Paine and Rio Paine to the wonderful Refugio and Campamento Dickson. Near the camp you will get a picturesque view on the enclosing Dickson Glacier. There will be enough time to enjoy this inviting campsite while sitting together and sharing your overwhelming impressions. Appr. walking time: 6-7 hours, walking distance: 18,5 km (11,5 miles), elevation gain of approx. 350 m (1,150 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Dickson. (B/BL/D)
You leave the camp on Lago Dickson and walk through a mystic Magellan forest of Southern beech trees to reach your next camp. Campamento Los Perros is fabulously situated at the edge of a forest and glacier of the same name. Appr. walking time: 4-5 hours, walking distance: 9,5 km (5,9 miles), elevation gain of approx. 400 m (1,300 ft) ascent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Los Perros. (B/BL/D)
Day 5-7: Treks Torres del Paine O Circuit - Kayak or ice hike - French Valley
Today you probably face the most exhausting but most impressive part of the tour. You leave the camp Los Perros and hike uphill to the Paso John Garner where you can admire a striking view over the Southern Patagonian Ice field. Altitude Paso John Garner: 1250m. Afterwards you scale down along the impressive Grey Glacier to your next camp, Campamento Grey. Appr. walking time: 8-10 hours, walking distance: 22 km (13,7 miles), elevation gain of approx. 800 m (2,600 ft) ascent and 1,300 m (4,300 ft) descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Grey. (B/BL/D)
In the morning you can choose an optional 3 hours day kayak excursion on the Lago Grey along the icebergs of the Grey Glacier or an optional 4-5 hours ice hike on Glacier Grey (extra costs 150/210 USD per person; reservation recommended in advance) - or enjoy some free time to relax. In the afternoon you hike along Lago Grey to the black lagoon (Laguna Negra) while exploring and learning about the surrounding nature. From there, you walk down to the camp Paine Grande that is beautifully located at the turquoise colored Lago Pehoe. Altitude Grey Glacier Lookout: 280m. Appr. walking time: 4-5 hours, walking distance: 12 km (7,5 miles), elevation gain of approx. 350 m (1,150 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: in tents on campsite Paine Grande. (B/BL/D)
Today, you walk along the splendorous Lago Skottsberg to Campamento Italiano. Subsequently you move towards the French valley and its viewpoint “Mirador” where you gain deep insight into the mountains. With a bit of luck you witness ice cracking off the Paine Grande (3,050m) sounding like a roaring thunder. After 6-7 hours of walking you come back to Camp Paine Grande on Lago Pehoe. Walking distance: 18 km (11 miles), elevation gain is about 600m ascent/descent. Overnight: Overnight: in tents on campsite Paine Grande. (B/BL/D)
Day 8-9: Trek Torres del Paine Granite Needles - Puerto Natales - El Calafate
In the morning you cross Lake Pehoe with the catamaran (approx. 30 min) and continue your journey in a private transfer to the Las Torres sector (approx. one hour panoramic trip).
Afterwards, you will hike to get an excellent view on the no. 1 highlight: The famous Torres Towers. At first it leads you up to the Ascencio Valley where you take a break at the Refugio Chileno next to the lovely Ascencio River. After 2+ hours and a tough ascent you are rewarded for your efforts: You will stand in front of the impressive Needles with a green lagoon lying at your feet. Altitude Las Torres Lookout: 900m (2,950 ft). Appr. walking time: 8 hours, walking distance: 19 km (11,8 miles), elevation gain of approx. 950 m (3,120 ft) ascent and descent.
After this challenging hike you take our private transfer back to Puerto Natales (driving time 2 hours, driving distance approx. 130 km). Arrival at the hotel between 9pm and 10pm. Say goodbye to our local trekking guide and handover of all travel documents for the coming days in Argentina. Overnight: Hotel in Puerto Natales in double room with private bathroom (Hotel Hallef or Hotel Lady Florence Dixie or similar). (B/BL/-)
Transfer in a regular bus through the wind-shaped Pampa to El Calafate in Argentina (without a guide; appr. 5-6 hours, driving distance approx. 270 km). In the afternoon you will have some time to go shopping or to try the famous Argentine steaks. The bird sanctuary "Laguna Nimez" on Lago Argentino also invites you to visit. Overnight: Hotel in El Calafate in double room with private bathroom (Hotel Picos del Sur or similar). (B/-/-)
Day 10-12: El Chaltén - Cerro Torre Trek - Fitz Roy Trek / Laguna de los tres
Today you are heading to El Chaltén with a regular bus (without a guide, driving time approx. 3 hours, driving distance approx. 215 km), taking a break at the Estancia La Leona. El Chaltén is a lovely village in the mountains, where you will meet your trekking-guide for the next hikes. A guided walk of 6 hours leads you in the afternoon to Laguna Torre where you have a grand view to the Cerro Torre (3,102 m / 10,177 ft) with its glaciers. Moreover, you take a break at the Agostini Camp that is the base camp for all Cerro Torre mountaineers. Altitude of Cerro Torre Lookout: 650m. Appr. walking time: 6 hours, walking distance: 18 km (11 miles), elevation gain of approx. 250 m (820 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: Hotel in El Chaltén in double room with private bathroom (Hosteria El Paraiso or Hosteria Fitz Roy or similar). (B/BL/-)
Approx. 30-40 minute panoramic drive (in a shared transfer) to the starting point of the hike. You hike to Laguna de los Tres and the viewpoint to Laguna Sucia. You also pass the Base Camp Rio Blanco that serves all Fitz Roy Mountaineers. Your efforts will be rewarded with an unforgettable view on the Monte Fitz Roy (3,406 m / 11,174 ft) and the surrounding mountains. Altitude Fitz Roy Lookout: 1250m. Appr. walking time: 8 hours, walking distance: 23 km (14 miles), elevation gain of approx. 750 m (2,460 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: Hotel in El Chaltén in double room with private bathroom. (B/BL/-)
Today you can go on a full day hike to "Loma del Pliegue Tumbado" (without a guide; highly recommended in good weather) or you can choose an optional half day or full day excursion to the lake "Lago del Desierto". Or you have some time to discover this pristine place on your own and go on short hikes to the viewpoints “Condores & Aguilas” or to the waterfall “Chorillo del Salto”.
In the evening, you take a regular bus back to El Calafate (without a guide, driving time approx. 3 hours, driving distance approx. 215 km).
Overnight: Hotel in El Calafate in double room with private bathroom. (Hotel Picos del Sur or similar) (B/-/-)
Day 13-15: Perito Moreno Glacier – El Calafate - Puerto Natales
Today you participate in a full day guided and shared visit of the incomparable Perito Moreno Glacier in the Los Glaciers National Park that is part of the Southern Patagonian Ice Field. If you are lucky you will witness the glacier calving. Altitude Perito Moreno Glacier Lookout: 200m. Furthermore you take a boat ride over the Argentino Lake along the imposing ice walls of the glacier (appr. 1 hour). Driving time approx. 2 x 1.5 hours, driving distance 2 x 80 km. Overnight: Hotel in El Calafate in double room with private bathroom. (B/-/-)
You travel from Argentina back to Puerto Natales / Chile on a regular bus (without a guide; appr. 5-6 hours). You can use the afternoon to explore the small town at the Ultima Esperanza Fjord. Overnight in Puerto Natales: Hotel in double room with private bathroom.
Alternative you can stay another day on your own in El Calafate, overnight: Hotel in El Calafate. (B/-/-)
Private transfer to the Puerto Natales airport or bus station (without a guide) - alternatively you will have a private transfer to the El Calafate airport. (B/-/-)
- Local PORTERS carry personal belongings (5 kg per person) throughout the Torres del Paine O Circuit
- Local English/Spanish speaking certified trekking guide Torres del Paine O-Trek (days 2-8) (WFR)
- Local English/Spanish speaking certified assistant guide from 7 people (day 2 - 8)
- Local English/Spanish speaking certified trekking guide Cerro Torre & Fitz Roy Treks (WFR) and during the excursion to the Perito Moreno Glacier (days 10,11,13)
- Accommodation: 8 nights in hotels in double room with private bathroom and 6 nights in roomy, high quality 2-person-expedition-tents
- Meals: 14x breakfast, 8x box lunch, 6x dinner
- Transport: all public and private transfers as per the detailed itinerary
- Boat ride across Pehoe Lake
- Boat ride across Argentino Lake
- Airport pick up & drop off
- Entry Fees/Admission: to all National Parks
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and satellite phone / VHF-equipment
- Single supplement: extra charge p.p. 450 USD
- Tour guide on the days of transfer
- Meals and beverages not indicated on the itinerary
- Sleeping bag and camping mat
- Tips for guides and porters
- Kayak tour on Grey Lake (150 USD p.p.) or ice hike on Grey Glacier (210 USD p.p.) on Day 6
- Optional excursions on Day 12
- Local payments
- International and domestic airfare and airport charges
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be purchased prior to the start of the trip.
Departure Dates & Booking
PRIVAT JUST4U You can choose your own private departure for this trip with a minimum of 2 of you travelling together.