- Hike to the rock spire of the mystic Cerro Torre and the legendary Monte Fitz Roy in the Los Glaciares National Park
- Discover the perpetual ice of the huge Perito Moreno Glacier and take a Boat ride across the Argentino Lake
- Explore the capital of the glaciers El Calafate and the picturesque mountain village El Chaltén
- Look out for condores, woodpeckers and a wealth of other bird and animal life
- Relish the local cuisine, Argentinian steak, empanadas (filled dumplings) & Malbec red wine
- Visit the Glaciarium ice museum and ice bar near El Calafate
6 days from/to El Calafate
- 2 days hiking
- 1 boat ride
- 5 nights hotel
- 5x breakfast
- 4x box lunch
from 2.190 CAD
Argentine Patagonian Andes - Who hasn’t heard of the world-renowned Cerro Torre, Monte Fitz Roy or the Perito Moreno Glacier? Explore the Patagonian Andes of Argentina on this 6-day trip and admire the impressive mountains that are formed by the movement of Glacier tongues!
Discover the famed Perito Moreno Glacier and see for yourself this perpetual ice rock. Take a boat ride across Argentino Lake and admire the views. Hike to the rock spire of the mystic Cerro Torre and the legendary Monte Fitz Roy. Soak up some of the cultural highlights and enjoy tasty Argentinian cuisine and wines. Explore the capital of the glaciers El Calafate and the picturesque mountain village El Chaltén.
The group size for this trip has a minimum of 1 people and a maximum of 8
Departures: individual on request (with the possibility to book other people on this trip)
- Best season: from October to April
Activity level 2 - Moderate - Day tours that will challenge you moderately. Differences in elevation but also in temperature will be the most challenging part.
- Good physical fitness is a necessary requirement for this tour.
- Furthermore, you should be able to walk with your daypack (35l to 40l) up to 6-8 hours a day with some strenuous ascents and descents (Differences in elevation from 250 m to 750 m per day).
- The equipment for your belongings must be carried by you throughout the duration of the trip day (rain gear, fleece or light down jacket, trekking poles, gloves, hat, camera, lunch and water for the day, and also gear for good weather conditions).
Day 1-2: Arrival in Mountain Village El Chaltén - Hike to Laguna Torre - Cerro Torre
Today you are heading to El Chaltén with a regular bus (without a guide, appr. 3 hours), taking a break at the Estancia La Leona. El Chaltén is a lovely village in the mountains. In the afternoon you have some time to discover this idyllic place on our own or go on short hikes to the viewpoints “Condores & Aguilas” or to the waterfall "Chorillo del Salto".
Overnight: Hotel in El Chaltén in double room with private bathroom (Hosteria El Paraiso or Hosteria Fitz Roy or similar). (-/-/-)
In the morning you will meet your trekking-guide for the next hikes. Today, a guided walk leads you to Laguna Torre where you have a great view to the Cerro Torre (3,102m / 10,180 ft) with its glaciers. Later on, you take a break at the Agostini Camp that is the base camp for all Cerro Torre mountaineers. Altitude of Cerro Torre Lookout: 650m. Appr. walking time: 6 hours, walking distance: 18 km (11 miles), elevation gain of approx. 250 m (820 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: Hotel in El Chaltén in double room with private bathroom. (B/BL/-)
Day 3: Trek to Laguna de los Tres - Monte Fitz Roy Lookout
Approx. 30-40 minute panoramic drive (in a shared transfer) to the starting point of the hike.
Today, you hike to Laguna de los Tres and the viewpoint of Laguna Sucia. You also pass the base camp Rio Blanco that serves all Fitz Roy Mountaineers. Your efforts will be rewarded with an unforgettable view on the Monte Fitz Roy (3,406 m / 11,175 ft) and the surrounding mountains.
Altitude Fitz Roy Lookout: 1250m. Appr. walking time: 7-8 hours, walking distance: 24 km (14,9 miles), elevation gain of approx. 750 m (2,460 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: Hotel in El Chaltén in double room with private bathroom. (B/BL/-)
Day 4: El Chaltén – Optional trips & Bus ride back to El Calafate
Today you can go on a full day hike to "Loma del Pliegue Tumbado" (highly recommended in good weather) or you can choose an optional half day or full day excursion to the lake "Lago del Desierto". Or you have some time to discover this pristine place on your own and go on short hikes to the viewpoints “Condores & Aguilas” or to the waterfall “Chorillo del Salto”.
In the evening, you take a regular bus back to El Calafate (without a guide, driving time appr. 3 hours).
Overnight: Hotel in El Calafate in double room with private bathroom (Hotel Picos del Sur or similar). (B/BL/-)
Day 5-6: Full day Glacier Perito Moreno - Boat ride Argentino Lake - El Calafate
Today, you participate in a full day guided and shared excursion to the incomparable Perito Moreno Glacier in the Los Glaciers National Park that is part of the Southern Patagonian Ice Field. If you are lucky you will witness the glacier calving. Altitude Perito Moreno Glacier Lookout: 200m. Furthermore, you take a boat ride over the Argentino Lake along the imposing ice walls of the glacier (appr. 1 hour). Overnight: Hotel in El Calafate in double room with private bathroom (Hotel Picos del Sur or similar). (B/BL/-)
Private transfer to El Calafate airport or bus station. (B/-/-)
- Accommodation: 5 nights in hotels in double room with private bathroom
- Meals: 5x breakfast, 4x box lunch
- Local English/Spanish speaking certified trekking guide Cerro Torre & Fitz Roy Treks (WFR) and during the excursion to the Perito Moreno Glacier
- Transport: all public and private transfers as per the detailed itinerary
- Boat ride across the Argentino Lake along the Perito Moreno Glacier
- Airport pick up & drop off
- Entry Fees/Admission: to Los Glaciares National Park
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and VHF-equipment
- Single supplement: extra charge p.p. $250 USD
- Meals and beverages not indicated on the itinerary
- Optional trips
- Local payments
- International and domestic airfare and airport charges
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be purchased prior to the start of the trip.
DEPARTURE DATES & BOOKING
PRIVAT JUST4U You can choose your own private departure for this trip with a minimum of 2 of you travelling together.