- Hidden trails & valleys in the Los Huemules Nature Reserve: Hike to the undiscovered Cagliero Glacier and spectacular Loma del Diablo lookout
- Experience the Perito Moreno Glacier on an ice hike or take a boat ride to the front of the ice walls
- Encounter the very shy Huemul (Andean Deer) and marvel the north face of Mount Fitz Roy
- Get the best panoramic view to Cerro Torre & Mount Fitz Roy – Loma del Pliegue Tumbado lookout
- Local cuisine: Argentinian steaks, locro (stew) and Malbec red wine
- Sweeten your life and buy some "facturas" (sweet pastries) in one of the tiny bakeries in El Chaltén
7 days from/to El Calafate
- 3 days hiking
- 1 boat ride or
- 1 glacier hiking
- 6 nights hotel
- 6x breakfast
- 6x box lunch
from 2.150 AUD
- The group size for this trip has a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 12.
- Individual and/or private tours/departure dates are available on request.
- Best season: from October to April.
Activity Level 2 – Moderate – Suitable for people who are reasonably fit and hike at least once a month. Participants should be able to walk with their daypack (30-40 liter) 4-8 hours a day with some strenuous ascents and descents. The equipment for your belongings must be carried by you throughout the duration of the trip day (rain gear, fleece or light down jacket, trekking poles, gloves, hat, camera, lunch and water for the day, and also gear for good weather conditions).
Day 1: El Calafate - Mountain Village El Chaltén
Upon arrival at El Calafate airport a private transfer will take you to the bus station (without a guide). In the afternoon you are heading to El Chaltén with a regular bus (without a guide, driving time appr. 3 hours), taking a break at the Estancia La Leona. El Chaltén is a lovely village in the mountains that will be your starting point for the hiking next days. Overnight: Hotel in El Chaltén in double room with private bathroom. (-/-/-)
Day 2: Hiking in the "Los Huemules" Nature Reserve to the Cagliero Glacier
In the morning you will meet your trekking-guide for the next hikes. A short panoramic transfer will bring you to the "Los Huemules" Nature Reserve, where you hike to the hidden Cagliero Glacier. Maybe you encounter the very shy Huemul (Andean Deer). The Refugio Puesto Cagliero, from where you have a privileged view to the glacier and the summit of Cerro Neumeyer, invites you for a break. Appr. walking time: 6-7 hours, elevation gain of approx. 350 m (1,150 ft) ascent and descent. Private transfer back to the hotel. Overnight: Hotel in El Chaltén in double room with private bathroom. (B/LP/-)
Day 3: Hiking in the "Los Huemules" Nature Reserve to the Loma del Diablo Lookout
Today you hike in the "Los Huemules" Nature Reserve to the spectacular "Loma del Diablo" lookout, from where you can marvel the north face of Mount Fitz Roy. Appr. walking time: 5 hours, elevation gain of approx. 600 m (1,970 ft) ascent and descent. Private transfer in/out from the hotel to the nature reserve. Overnight: Hotel in El Chaltén in double room with private bathroom. (B/BL/-)
Day 4: Hike to the Loma del Plique Tumbado Viewpoint
Today you take a hike to the viewpoint “Loma del plique tumbado”, where you can get the best panoramic view to Cerro Torre & Mount Fitz Roy. Appr. walking time: 8 hours, walking distance: elevation gain of approx. 1,300 m (4,265 ft) ascent and descent. Overnight: Hotel in El Chaltén in double room with private bathroom. (B/BL/-)
Day 5: El Chaltén - El Calafate
Today you can choose an optional half-day or full-day-excursion to Del Desierto Lake or you have some time to discover this idyllic place on our own, go on a short hike to the viewpoints “Condores & Aguilas”. In the evening, you take a regular bus back to El Calafate (without a guide, appr. 3 hours). Overnight: Hotel in El Calafate in double room with private bathroom. (B/BL/-)
Day 6-7: Full Day Perito Moreno Glacier – boat ride on Argentino Lake or ice hike - El Calafate
Today you participate in a guided visit of the incomparable Perito Moreno Glacier in the Los Glaciers National Park that is part of the Southern Patagonian Ice Field. If you are lucky you will witness the glacier calving. Furthermore, you take a boat ride over the Argentino Lake along the imposing ice walls of the glacier (appr. 1 hour). Alternatively, you can choose between an ice hike on the huge Perito Moreno Glacier or a full day boat ride on Argentino Lake visiting several glaciers (additional costs). Overnight: Hotel in El Calafate in double room with private bathroom. (B/BL/-)
Private transfer to El Calafate airport or bus station. (B/BL/-)
- Accommodation: 6 nights in hotels in double room with private bathroom
- Meals: 6x breakfast, 6x box lunch
- Local English/Spanish speaking certified trekking guide and during the excursion to the Perito Moreno Glacier
- Transport: all public and private transfers as per the detailed itinerary
- Boat ride across the Argentino Lake along the Perito Moreno Glacier
- Airport pick up & drop off
- Entry Fees/Admission: to Los Glaciares National Park
- Emergency equipment: including a first-aid kit and VHF-equipment
- Single supplement: extra charge p.p. $200 USD
- Meals and beverages not indicated on the itinerary
- Optional trips (e.g. on day 5, 6)
- Local payments
- International and domestic airfare and airport charges
- Travel insurance is not included in this tour. Travel insurance is mandatory and must be purchased prior to the start of the trip.
DEPARTURE DATES & BOOKING
PRIVAT JUST4U You can choose your own private departure for this trip with a minimum of 2 of you travelling together.